Search This Blog

2009-11-30

Netbeans 6.8 Release Candidate 1 - my first impression

Hi there,

from now on you can download the release candidate 1 for Netbeans 6.8. download it here
For those who don't know anything about the build types for Netbeans releases here are the possible enums :)
- Milestone
- Early Access
- Beta
- Release Candidate
- Release

I was very curious about this release candidate. The most important feature I am missing / waiting for is the Compile on Save feature for Maven Java EE Projects (vote for it here) However, this feature hasn't been implemented yet. In my opinion, this is a must have feature if you develop javaEE projects with maven and netbeans. So hopefully it will be implemented in the 6.8 release version. Let's wait and see.

Another problem I faced with Netbeans 6.8 M2 was the very frequent Glassfish PermGen Out of memory exception. I've been getting it whenever I published too often (means after about 20 deployments of the ear project within an hour).
While working with this release candidate for the last hour this OutOfMemory Glassfish problem hasn't occured. Good news.

Another problem also vanished. Netbeans sometimes crashed when I was trying to insert jsf value binding in xhtml files.

All in all the Netbeans developers are doing a great work. Keep on developing!!! Thanks a lot for this great IDE.

No comments:

Post a Comment